Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chelsea and Graham Salts - Reception

Date: December 2010
Event: Chelsea and Graham Salts - Wedding Reception
Decorating: Jaclyn Douma
Facility: Chaparral Homemade Ice Cream
Budget: $0

My parents own an ice cream parlor in Wickenburg, Arizona and one of their employees had asked if they could use the parlor for their wedding reception. She had zero budget for decorating, so I offered to bring up some of the items I had to decorate. I did purchase some ribbon on sale, which totaled about $5, but the rest I had. HJer mom did supply one bouquet of flowers that I broke up into smaller bundles to add to each table.

Photobucket
I made this welcome board at home.

Photobucket

I had an old picture frame that we painted black and used it as the guest book. Chelsea's mom brought over some color print out photos of the two, so we put that in the middle of the frame and her guests signed the white insert.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We placed the tables in a horse-shoe shape with the dance floor in the middle. I added flowers to each guest table and a candle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

at another table I set up an area for her guests to write wishes/advice to the couple...

Photobucket

I didn't get any photos that evening, which I was a bit bummed about, but we had candles in short hurricane's on the front stage, along with hanging white puff decorations hanging from the ceiling. I think it came out great for the budget we had :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment