Friday, July 8, 2011

Time for Tea

Event: Aliyah's 2nd Annual 1/2 Birthday Tea Party Celebration
Date: Monday, June 27th, 2011
Host: Jaclyn Douma 

Photobucket

Every year I plan to celebrate my daughters 1/2 birthday by hosting a tea party in her honor. Last year was our first celebration and we enjoyed tea and lunch at a local tea house here in Arizona. This year, I wanted to host the party myself at home. (1) It's WAY too hot to go out (2) I just had my son (3) My grandma gave me a new Tea Party cookbook so I definitely wanted to try out some of the recipes (4) I had been dreaming up how to decorate the kitchen area for about 4 months prior to the party!

Although I ended up being sick on that Monday, everyone seemed to enjoy the food, decor and good company :)

Let's start with the invites. I thought they came out so cute:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Menu:

Homemade Cheese Scones and Strawberry Scones (no pic)
Photobucket

Fresh Fruit

Photobucket

Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad w/ Chicken

Photobucket

Cucumber Mint Tea Sandwiches

Photobucket

Blue Cheese, Walnut and Pear Tea Sandwiches

Photobucket

And for dessert -
Mom made Homemade Molten Chocolate Cake served with Raspberry Sorbet drizzled in chocolate sauce

Photobucket

Tea for the day:
HOT: Ginger Pear
ICED: Pomegranate

DECOR:

I absolutely LOVED decorating for this years tea party. I transformed our kitchen area into a quaint garden room for us to enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ACTIVITIES:
Last year we all brought our own hats to the tea party, but this year I thought it would be fun for each of us to decorate our own. Now Aliyah has 4 new hats to play dress up with and let me tell you, She LOVES THEM!
The hats came out great! (If you notice, I never did make it into my tea party dress...so sad)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aliyah playing with her hats this week...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(don't mind all the pj's.....we've been sick lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment